Would you settle for over the counter medications to handle dental concerns rather than seeing a dentist? Does the thought of entering a dental office and sitting on a dental chair make your knees feel weak? Those are sure signs of dental fear or anxiety. Although others may think of it as comical, it is actually a pretty common experience.
At Highland Oaks Family Dentistry, we understand these types of patients; that is why we find ways to make them feel comfortable and at ease. Our staff is always friendly and ready to assist patients. Music, pillows, and blankets are also prepared for disposal whenever needed. If these are still not enough, we also have sedation dentistry options that our patients can choose from! Not only do we perform dental services that can effectively cater to the needs of our patients, but we also see to it that their safety and comfort are prioritized.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
A dentist performs this procedure by using a medication that can help patients relax despite their fear and anxiousness. Sometimes, it is inaccurately referred to as sleep or twilight dentistry, but patients can actually stay fully conscious during the procedure instead of sleeping.
Highland Oaks Family Dentistry offers options such as laughing gas, oral sedation, and local anesthesia. These options give the patients a chance to receive dental treatments more comfortably which is why more and more people inquire about its availability before scheduling an appointment.
How does sedation dentistry help?
- The procedure can lessen or eventually eliminate their dental fear and anxiety by giving them pleasant dental experience during visits.
- Patients can receive multiple dental procedures in a single visit without feeling uncomfortable.
- Depending on the needs of a patient, dentists may adjust the level and duration of laughing gas during the procedure for a pleasant experience.
- Patients who fear needles can get sedation without shots. Laughing gas is administered by inhalation, and Oral sedation is in the form of a pill that is taken an hour prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Sedation dentistry is not only for patients who have dental fear. Others who can avail the procedure are patients who have sensitive teeth, low pain tolerance, bad gag reflex, tolerance to anesthetics, and more.
Are you ready to face your dental fears with the help of sedation options at Highland Oaks Family Dentistry? We got you covered!
Everyone deserves an anxious-free and comfortable dental experience. Avail of our Sedation Dentistry services in Keller, TX. Book your appointment with us at Highland Oaks Family Dentistry!