Dreams have been studied for years as a way of decoding thoughts, feelings, and emotions that we have about our everyday lives. We’ve all had strange dreams, and one that most of us have had, or have at least heard about others having, is a dream/nightmare of our teeth falling out. It’s terrifying to think that the things that allow us to eat, talk, and smile could disappear right before our eyes. So, what does this dream actually mean?
What Does My Dental Dream Mean?
Dreaming about your teeth falling out has both negative and positive meanings. It’s best to consider your dreams in the greater context of what’s going on in your life to determine if your subconscious is trying to highlight a more positive or negative association.
- Positive meanings — you are experiencing personal growth, acknowledging a time of renewal, or your body and mind are reminding you to be gentler on yourself.
- Negative meanings — you feel insecure, fear aging, or are afraid of facing the growing pains of life.
How Can I Prevent Actual Tooth Loss?
Although your teeth falling out in dreamland doesn’t necessarily indicate you are about to lose your teeth in real life, it’s best to do all you can to protect your smile and prevent actual tooth loss! Luckily, healthy teeth won’t just fall out of your mouth, unless you sustain serious physical trauma to your mouth.
- Wear an athletic mouthguard if you play contact sports, and a nightguard if you grind your teeth at night.
- Daily and thoroughly brush and floss your teeth to minimize bad oral bacteria and decrease your risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of protein, calcium, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals to promote healthy and strong teeth.
- Visit our dental practice every six months for professional cleanings and checkups. Our expert team will give your teeth and gums a good deep clean to prevent bacteria overgrowth, and we’ll be able to address any underlying problems that you may not have noticed.
Don’t Let Your Dental Dreams Keep You Away!
Don’t let your dreams of your teeth falling out scare you from visiting our office. At Highland Oaks Family Dentistry, we are here to help prevent your dental nightmares from becoming a reality. Contact us for help maintaining a healthy smile—schedule your next appointment today.